Built by Caldon Ship & Engineering Co.Ltd in Dundee Scotland, for the Clyde Shipping Co.Ltd, for passenger service between Liverpool & Waterford in Southern Ireland. She had accommodation for about 40 passengers. Originally named the Skerries II but was rename the City of Waterford in 1946 when she was sold to Palgrave Murphy, Shipowners of Dublin who used her for continental (Germany, Belgium & Holland) runs. It was whilst on return voyage on the 14th April 1949 from Antwerp to Cork with 1000tons of general cargo she ran into thick fog about 12 miles west of beachy unfortunately the Marpessa, a 5500 ton Greek steamer also did and they collided, the Waterford sank quickly but all crew where rescued.
She is still a recognisably ship-shape, sitting upright on the sea bed, her stern & bows are still fairly intact but midships are badly broken up. She is covered in deadmans fingers & many other species of anemones.