Built March 1897 by Short Brothers of pallion in Sunderland at a cost of £32000. She was powered by three cylinder triple expansion engine with twin boilers, with a single deck and 2 masts. She was torpedoed whist on route from algeria to middlesborough and sunk by German submarine UB 57 7 miles off of Newhaven with the loss of the master & 32 crew only 3 survived on 29th march 1918.
Lying upright on the seabed with her bows to the east & partially covered. most of the superstructure has collapsed, the highest point being the stern which stands roughly 10mtrs above the sea bed. she has a bad break amidships